Smart City Kielce
The main challenge of the project was to implement the smart city concept by monitoring services, development and introducing data driven city management, including primarily:
- retrieving data that was inconsistent, came from different sources and lacked standardization,
- building a solution that will have greater flexibility than traditional data warehousing, while handling the ever-increasing volume of data,
- shaping urban policy based on available data, with the aim of creating new services
and continuously monitoring the effects of actions taken.
The project was preceded by:
- urban data inventory,
- consultations and workshops,
- definition of indicators for assessing the city’s condition, among others using ISO standards and formulas to compare with other cities,
- formation of an analytical team on the city and BPX side.
We were guided by good practices from around the world, including cities such as New York, London, Eindhoven, Dublin and Munich, where Smart City IT solutions have been applied.
During the process of implementing the solution, our goal was to prepare the data in such a way that they presented real data in the form of indicators, charts, tables and maps, and were intuitive for any resident.
Working with maps was crucial to our project, as most of the visualizations focused on presenting geographic data to residents. Qlik Sense, using the built-in GeoAnalytics component, enabled the presentation and visualization of spatial data in the form of maps, which cities collect the most.
The project involved various specialists including an IT/BI systems administrator, BI solution architect, BI developers and a project manager. The architecture of the solution took into account the highest security standards. Separate modules – cloud and local – allow secure use of data both in the residents’ portal and for internal needs of Kielce City Hall.
Innovative initiative of Kielce, based on Qlik Sense Embedded Analytics, is a key step in the transformation towards a smart city. This ambitious undertaking is conditioned by the revolutionary power of open APIs offered by Qlik.
In an era where progress is driven by data, Kielce has faced the challenge of leveraging vast amounts of information from various external sources. Despite the lack of data standardization, the city has shown a steadfast determination to get its ecosystem in order.
The decisive moment came with the integration of data from different sources and systems. The indicated action brought a breakthrough towards shared access to consistent information, which contributed to increased transparency across the urban landscape. As a result, Kielce’s development is now data-driven and supported by clear visualizations, dashboards and maps.
Introduced management dashboards are an important aspect of this transformation, which act like a compass, guiding the city’s performance in various sectors. The user-friendly interface allows decision-makers to interact freely with data, resulting in effective and innovative urban management.
The real value lays in the accessible visualizations offered by Qlik Sense. Demographic analysis provides a deeper understanding of the city residents behavior, leading to the delivery of personalized services. Migration analysis uncovers population movement patterns, aiding city planning and optimizing resources allocation. Education analysis provides clues for Kielce to improve educational offer. In addition, detailed budget analysis enables wise financial management.
The online platform provides access to attractive data visualizations, enabling residents and decision-makers to easily and affordably understand and learn about all information, and from one place.
- Data centralization: With the platform, all the city data is available in one place, making it easier to manage it and make decisions based on based on specific sources.
- Attractive data visualizations: The platform offers attractive and intuitive data visualizations in the form of maps, charts and interactive dashboards, enabling quick understanding and analysis of the information.
- Accessibility for residents: The benefits for Kielce residents resulting from using the platform include a better understanding of demographic data, the ability to monitor migration trends, expand knowledge about transportation infrastructure and increase awareness of the changes taking place in the city.
- Monitoring the activities of specific areas: Decision-makers in the city of Kielce use data visualizations to make better decisions on infrastructure development, urban planning and resource allocation.
– Kielce, one of the Poland’s cities, is undergoing a technological revolution by implementing innovative Smart City solutions. By partnering with a leading consulting firm, BPX S.A., the city intends to improve the quality of life of its residents and effectively manage its resources. The use of advanced information technologies and Business Intelligence tools opens new perspectives for the development of smart cities.
Dominik Machalica, Sales Manager
Integration of data from multiple sources and systems
Shared and current access to consistent information
Optimization of the urban ecosystem management
Monitoring the results of individual areas
Migration analysis (how residents move)
Detailed budget analysis
Ability to conduct free and multidimensional data analysis using an associative data engine
On the platform, city residents and decision-makers can easily explore demographic information, analyze migration trends, and monitor public transport, among other things. More benefits of implementing the Smart City platform and detailed visuals you can find here
Qlik’s complete set of open APIs allows us to fully customize analytics solutions, quickly create new custom applications, visualizations and extensions, and embed fully interactive analytics within the everyday applications that people use. Thanks to the knowledge and experience of BPX consultants, we can use the most innovative tool on the market and base city decisions on hard data.
See other case studies
Discover our capabilities
18+ years of experience
Since 2006 we have been helping our clients implement and develop systems and applications that streamline business processes. Owing to our know-how, our Partners are able to fully utilize the technologies of the future.
1000+ completed projects
We approach each project individually. We employ technologies that improve the enterprise functioning and management. The joint implementation of each projects brings our clients closer to perfection in managing a modern organization.
We have an appropriate team of experiences and qualified experts in many fields. Consultants, analysts, programmers and PMs. We have been successfully implementing even the most complex projects that streamline the development of organizations around the world.
50+ countries where we have carried out deployments
Based on our unique skills, we implement innovative projects around the world. We conquer new markets and constantly enter new areas. A comprehensive approach allows us to ensure the development of companies from numerous industries and sectors.
Let’s talk! Are you interested in our solutions? Our experts are happy to answer all of your questions.